This new podcast, Start From Zero, from Dane Maxwell is a series of coaching calls with people who are just starting out.
I thought this was an interesting episode - helping John who has an idea for an online resource but is focused on the wrong things trying to get it off the ground.
- People who don’t have what they want usually don’t know how to say what they want.
- For entrepreneurs only 2 skills are really needed - sales and outsourcing
- Think in terms of: Customer > Mechanism > Result. Focus on the customer and the result. The mechanism comes last
- Framework for asking questions to find out what your audience needs:
- What’s your most present problem?
- How do you solve it?
- What happens if you don’t fix it?
- What would your dream solution be to that problem?
- Would that be worth paying for and if so, how much?
- If you can’t explain it to your kids then it’s not clear