I love this idea that businesses can grow to a meaningful size (eg 7 figures) without huge teams. The availability of tools, expert freelancers and access to an audience means that anyone has the opportunity to create something awesome.
In the 7 Figure Small podcast (previously Unemployable) Brian Clark and Jerod Morris discuss how to build intentionally small businesses.
This episode talks about building audiences and the role that content plays.
- We often hear that “content is king”. It isn’t. Audience is king and content is the vehicle to build an audience
- Build an audience with other people’s content - be a curator and find out what resonates with your audience. The less time you spend making mass amounts of content, the more time you have to find their problems and how to solve.
- Curation gives you data points without having to write the content.
- The goal isn’t to create content - the goal is to create a product your audience wants to buy
- There are three fundamentals that you need to make it work - audience, offer and copy.